Wednesday 15 April 2009

Waiting for Godot

Easter came and gone. We did our normal spring holiday routine and went up north for a long weekend, to spend some time with family and friends. Unusually, for England, we had a few lovely days of spring sunshine while, down south, London had some miserable weather.

Before I went away I left the newly painted hive in the bee spot. I wanted to weather the hive a little, to see if it will keep dry (it does), and to get rid of the smell of the paint. So the poor weather in London helped.  My pear tree has shed it's blossom in the poor weather. Before we know it spring will be over.

My hive is now ready and waiting for the bees to move in. This Saturday coming, weather permitting, I shall be visiting an apiary. The trip is part of our bee class and everyone in the class is looking forward to. It will be my first 'hands on' experience with bees. Well my hive is looking good although the waiting is getting to me. I suspect once my bees arrive it will be all hands on deck.



No comments:

Post a Comment